söndag 26 november 2023

SAM & DAVE/THE BEST OF SAM & DAVE SD 8218 (-69) US


 A very well compiled collection of fourteen songs the duo recorded between 1965-68, many of them from hit 45:s. I'm getting some of my Sam & Dave favorites here, like "Hold On, I'm Coming", "Soul Man", "I Thank You" and " I Take What I Want". The audio is just fine providing smooth melodic background to any home chore, like now to me when writing this. And even if I would have preferred to get it all in original mono I guess that was out of the question for a US 1969 stock issue. The stereo mixes are mostly fine, though I do miss some of the edge and cohesion mono mixes can offer. But maybe that's just me. In any case it's a worthy compilation bringing lots of good from the best time and place for soul - the US sixties - and one possible to buy and enjoy without ruining oneself. Issued and reissued on vinyl and/or CD all over the world through the years, also cassette and 8-track. Japan 1991 CD on Atlantic (AMCY-220) came with seven bonus tracks. Very first US release had Broadway adress below on label, this has Rockefeller Plaza so it has to be 1972 or later. It came in a glossy cover with Atlantic inner. (YZÄ*)

                                                                                   
                                                                                   
                                                                                 
                                                                            

                                                                                  

                                                                                   
                   
                                                                              





 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar