söndag 26 november 2023

LED ZEPPELIN/LED ZEPPELIN IV 2401012 (-71) UK

 


Since I already have a fine early complete US press using the UK George Peckham matrices  https://monolover.blogspot.com/2019/03/led-zeppeliniv-sd-7208-72-us.html  it would seem daft for this carrier of a very modest wallet to spend a lot of money on an early UK press. I haven't, but was lucky to find this copy that's playable and decent looking for a price I could manage. And I wanted it just for the label. Thought that was it, as the plum design only existed for this LP a very short time. But reading about it I learned that no less than eight variations exist. Not entirely sure about the time line and not going into all of them here, but it seems some have "Misty Mountain Hop" misspelled as "Misty Mountain Top", some also lists Peter Grant as executive producer and some has the feather upside down on side two. I've seen this copy listed as the seventh of the eight variations. I know these differences means a lot to some collectors, but I'm not that picky. Having it on any UK plum is good enough for me. The audio as superb as from the US original. At least my old ears can't hear anything differing. Apart from the label the only differences I can detect is the UK cover is somewhat thinner and the inner sleeve darker than the US, but there may be others that I missed. So I haven't improved my listening with this copy and probably won't play it a lot, but I sure like looking at it, or just knowing it's there. (LÖZ*)  (ÄTHP*)

                                                                                    
                                                                                   
                                                                              

                                                                                   






 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar