måndag 16 september 2024

WILSON PICKETT/I'M IN LOVE SD 8175 (-68) US


 After finding this good soul album in a bin I was happy and went home just to find I already had it in shape of an Italian mono with tophole audio, no doubt using the US tapes. Buying stuff I already have has become more common last decade. No doubt coming from a combination of an ever growing collection and getting more forgetful with growing age. So now I ask myself - why keeping and keep adding to a collection too big for my brain to comprehend? I know there are records somewhere in there I haven't played for a decade or so. Maybe a silly question cause the anwser is self-evident. It's not the having that's most important, it's finding and exploring new stuff, enjoing the music and audio for the first time. Then the record often goes into the shelf and sometimes forgotten, but at least I had a very good time getting acquainted. And when it comes to this - even if the mono comes out very good, this stereo has a lot going for it too. A for its time superb mix - wide with very good balance and top separation, providing very enjoyable listening. So maybe it was a good buy after all. For more on the record itself and music from it, check post on the mono  https://monolover.blogspot.com/2023/05/wilson-pickettim-in-love-atl-lp-08021.html . (PÖC*)  (YZÄ*)

                                                                                       


 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar