fredag 27 september 2024

JACKIE WILSON/TWISTIN' AND SHOUTIN' CORAL 97036 (-64) MONO GERMANY


 German only variation of his US "Somethin' Else" LP (Brunswick 7/54117), having the same tracking but different name and sleeve design. I hardly knew anything about Jackie Wilson (1934-84) before I found this copy, so instead of me just copying facts from the vast Wikipedia article you can go there if curious  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Wilson . This his already thirteenth album since the debute 1958 is my first real try on the man and even if it's not the music I usually listen to I'm charmed. Though with a clear rock signature to my ears it's a lot more rock'n'soul than rock'n'roll. I get a couple of sincere ballads but most of the time it's full speed ahead with earnest lead and backing vocals to a superb setting, including brass, piano and organ. It's happy and positive making me smile all the way. Further the audio on this press is superb, clear yet warm. I picked this copy unheard cause I was curious and now just after one listen I'm all in. Yummy! Also issued 1964 as "Somethin' Else" in Canada, UK and France. UK 1999 CD on Edsel (DIAB 885) coupled this with his 1963 "Baby Workout" album. First German had label as shown here in a fully laminated cover. (GÖXÄ*)

                                                                                   
                                                                                  

                                                                            

                                                                               

                                                                                  

                                                                                   



 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar