fredag 6 juli 2012

ELECTRIC PRUNES R 6248 (-67) CANADIAN MONO

Today the group is mostly known for their second single "I Had Too Much To Dream (Last Night)", one of the lead numbers on famous "Nuggets" compilation and a classic psych track - also included on this debute album. And there's more of the same kind here. As a fan of sixties psych I adore this record. It's filled with great songs, drug-related lyrics and a David Hassinger production making it all come true. Recorded on 4-channels, but with help of different devices such as reverb and phasing made big, bold and just enough wierd. It's the combination of well written material, good performance and rummy production that makes it work. This mono is a different mix from the stereo and to my ears a lot more enjoyable. It got more spunk and better dynamics all the way. Canadian mixes were mostly the same as US at this time, but not always. I can't say for sure this is exactly the same as US, but probably. As usual I can't offer downloads, but if You check Prof. Stoned on my link list he can provide samples of the US mono. (ÖXCÅ*) (YZÄ*)

4 kommentarer:

  1. Erik, if you can post the deadwax info of your copy, I will see if it corresponds with my US disc. Nice label, btw! Never seen of these.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Side 1 : 10649 1A R-6248A/Side 2: 10650 1A R-6248B (Both sides hand etched)

    SvaraRadera
  3. My US mono copy:

    Side 1: 10649 1G R-6248A (handwritten)
    Side 2: 10650 1E R-6248B (handwritten)

    I think it's safe to say your copy was made from the first US metalparts.

    SvaraRadera
  4. Good to know...and it sounds great :)

    SvaraRadera