söndag 1 juli 2012

BOB DYLAN/BLONDE ON BLONDE DDP 66012 (-66) UK MONO

I've said it before here and I say it again - I'm not a huge fan of Dylans music. I like his lyrics and the poetry and appriciate his massive influence, but apart from 10-15 obvious classics, whereof a few are on this album, his music never got to me. So allthough his UK monos are in my collection I didn't know much about issues or differences between them. Therefore it really surprised me when I started to gather facts about this. It seems three different mono mixes were made of this album - the earliest was a Canadian rough mix and the latest a French wich on their domestic release only was on side 2 and 3 while side 1and 4 had the US mix. And this UK issue apparently have the Canadian mix on record one, but the US mix on record two. Usually I post from experience or made comparisons, but this is just facts from different places on the net and I haven't got the means to confirm it (this is one of the sites I visited, so You can check it if You like http://www.searchingforagem.com/1960s/1966Blonde.htm ). The first UK issue had structured labels with "33", later glossy with "33 1/3". Cover is laminated f/o with flips and the Claudia Cardinale pic inside wich was removed from later issues. (SYSÖ*) (BÖB*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar