onsdag 4 juli 2012

THE HOLLIES/WOULD YOU BELIEVE PMC 7008 (-66) UK MONO

In the sixties I was always more into the psych-oriented Hollies, starting with their work from next album and on. Didn't get my first copy of this till the late seventies, but it gave me a pleasant surprise. Allthough mostly building on covers they still make the songs their property. Four of the tracks were self-penned under the pseudonym "Ransford", but the rest, even though originally made by other artists, are performed with a style and confidence as if it'd been their own songs. I sometimes classify my records by different moods, and this is a "happy album", filled with positive energy. Also released as UK stereo. Never heard that version, but I doubt it can't be better than this mono. US issues differed a lot from UK at this time, but tracks from this shows up on the albums "Beat Group" (Imperial LP-9312) and "Bus Stop" (Imperial LP-9330). First UK with label as shown here and laminated flip/back cover. (HÖLY*) (PÖX*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar