onsdag 18 juli 2012

THE ANIMALS/ANIMAL TRACKS E 4305 (-65) US MONO

Has very little to do with the UK Animal Tracks album (see previous post). Having only two tracks in common - "Roberta" and "For Miss Caulker", this is more a compilation of hit singles and left-overs. "Story Of Bo Diddley" and "Bury My Body" appearing on their first UK album, but the rest are A- or B-sides of previous '45:s with a few mixes that would never appear on UK LP. The British version was dark and mature and something pretty new for the pop scene at the time - and this wasn't. That said I must add the American mono release meant a lot to me when I got it. 35+ years ago it was the only way to get some of the songs in their original mono shape on LP...and even ones with different mixes or versions from the UK ones I was accustomed to - one exemple is "We Gotta Get Out of This Place", US version being, at least partly, a different take and a lot more loose and emotional than the rigoruos UK mix (and more to my liking). May be hard to understand today, with internet and all current re-releases on CD and vinyl, yet tracing and purchase the "right" mixes or versions back then could take a lot of effort. The cheap cut-out shops I mentioned in an earlier post had a lot of this record, but always the fake stereo. When finally the mono showed up at a market sale I hurried home to play it and it was all I hoped for. Even if it wont cause that much happiness for a modern buyer, it's still good in comparison to many later re-issues. (ÄNÄ*) (YZÄ*) (ÖXCÅ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar