tisdag 3 juli 2012

CLARK HUTCHINSON /RETRIBUTION SML 1076 (-70) UK

It's difficult finding hard facts about the band and this recording. Obviously they were a lot into drugs during this period and, according to guitarist Mick Hutchinson, lost a record deal because they were so speeded they couldn´t play right. I had contact with him a few years ago on Myspace - he is a nice and funny man, still playing lots of good guitar, but don't remember much about the recordings and issues back then. To me and my taste this album is almost perfect. I get the impression of a live studio gig filled with improvisations, few overdubs and minimum production, all performed with great skill. The sound is perfect, has that natural "being there" feeling I love so much. Best track is "Free To Be Stoned" - the ultimate drug epic - simple and catchy, yet raw and with tons of great guitar (if You haven't heard it yet, try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDwbL59GLzo . This is a vinyl I never let go. Also issued on US Deram (DES 18055). First UK with label as shown here and laminated cover. (DÄRR*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar