torsdag 17 oktober 2019

KATE & ANNA McGARRIGLE/DANCER WITH BRUISED KNEES K 56356 (-77) UK

After being moved by "French Record" and floored by "Love Over And Over" (see earlier posts), I'm now checking the bins for other things from this eccentric sibling duo hoping to be further involved. This was their second album. To my ears not as direct as the aforementioned two, but I do get interesting personal angles in both music and lyrics and the vocals, especially the harmonies, works like a charm. Been listening for a couple of days now and it's certainly a grower. While the other two did hit me more or less direct, this takes a while, but then I'm drawn in and it's good. The beautiful folky tunes reinforced by sincere and sometimes funny lyrics make me belive it wasn't mainly made as a people-pleaser aiming for big sales, instead created as a forum allowing them to do it their way. Some of the tracks towards folk pop, others more traditional, three sung in French and the rest in English, but all tied together by the sisters' unmistakable sound making it enjoyable listening all through. My favorite tracks for now - "Be My Baby", "Dancer With Bruised Knees" and "Naufragée Du Tendre". Originally issued on vinyl in Canada, US, Downunder and a couple of European countries , also as cassette in UK and US. Japan 2013 remastered CD on Warner Bros. (WPCR 15038). First UK had label as shown here and matt cover. (FÄV*) (GZÅ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar