onsdag 9 oktober 2019

FOUR TOPS/SECOND ALBUM TML 11021 (-66) UK MONO

One of Motown's foremost hit machines back then. Just between 1965-67 having five top ten 45:s, where of two #1 and one #2, on Billboard hot 100, with the corresponding albums getting healthy sales too. It was also one of the Motown acts that made an inpact in Sweden at the time and gave the young me many happy moments. The melodic positive impact was just what the confused teen needed to get though and get going. All fond memories tied to the songs back then make me wanna listen again, so now I'm picking as much as I can with them from the used bins, hoping for rekindling. And on this I get two of my earlier most cherished - "I Can't Help Myself" and "It's The Same Old Song" - plus a few I forgot about, but now reignited - "Something About You" and "Since You've Been Gone". Album co-produced by Brian Holland, Lamont Dozier and Smokey Robinson. Instrumental backing by The Funk Brothers and backing vocals by The Andantes. So an all Motown affair and still making me happy. As many UK Motown issues cut a little too loud for my ears, straining the groove, but it is what it is and I can't do much about it, so better just shut up and enjoy what I can get. Premiere release 1965 in US and Canada (Motown M/S 634). This UK (also in stereo STML 11021) issued January 1966. Japan 2012 CD (UICY-75324) came remastered in paper sleeve. First UK had label as shown here and laminated flip/back cover. (TÖMÖ*) (FÖRH*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar