torsdag 13 maj 2021

MARIANNE FAITHFULL'S GREATEST HITS PS 547 (-69) US

 


 Sometimes I wonder if my my mind is getting too old to embrace all items in my ever growing collection.  Bought this as a unique compilation with a good choice of songs from her sixties, though after checking more closely discovered it's a  US version of the UK stereo issue of "The World Of Marianne Faithfull" (Decca SPA 17)...which I apparently already knew (for more on that check post on the UK mono https://monolover.blogspot.com/2013/06/world-of-marianne-faithfull-pa-17-69-uk.html ). The front sleeve title fonts and color differ, but it's the same pic. Also the US rear is more interesting with its five lovely face pics.  A more surprising difference is the UK has all but two tracks - "As Tears Go By" and "Is This What I Get For Loving You" - in true stereo, yet on this US also "This Little Bird", "Summer Nights",  "Yesterday" and "In My Time Of Sorrow" sounds like more or less enhanced mono, while "Is This What I Get For Loving You" has the stereo mix here. So clearly not from the same tapes. If to choose it'd be the UK for the audio - apart from having more true mixes it's also further distinct and powerful - and the US for the sleeve with the five face rear. And both ways I get my favorite Marianne Faithfull song - "In My Time Of Sorrow".  This US version also saw early issues in Canada, Downunder and a couple of South American countries.  US 1987 CD on ABKCO (CD 547), came with four bonus tracks. Premiere US had label as shown here in a matt sleeve.  (YZÄ*)  (FÄV*)   (CPYC*)

                                                                               
                                                                                  
                                                                                
                                                                            
                                                                           






 



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar