måndag 24 juni 2013

SMALL FACES/THE SINGLES ALBUM - ALL THE DECCA A+B SIDES ROOTS 5 (-76) UK MONO

From the mid-seventies UK Decca "Rock Roots" serie. Eight singles, A&B sides, sixteen tracks straight on mono with amazing sound quality. Of all compilations from sixties groups this is one of the best. It must have been really easy making it - no sweating over dials and switches, faking or re-making the mixes. They just took the original tapes, gave them a fair pressing and it was done. So much good music and you'll get it precisely as we did back then. I wish more would be like this. Favorite cut - "My Minds Eye". The album was re-issued a couple of times, but a few of the later ones don't have the top audio of this first. It's distinguishable by same label design as shown here, laminated cover, thick vinyl and stamped "XARL 14606/7. P-1C" matrixes. (DRÖK*)(PÖP*)(SXÅH*)

4 kommentarer:

  1. This is indeed a great compilation, not to be missed.

    Did you know know that early copies of the UK 45 contained an early demo version of My Mind's Eye? Worth looking after. http://www.45cat.com/record/f12500

    SvaraRadera
  2. Didn't know that. I got the single very early from my parents for my 13th birthday, maybe it was on that. Don't remember now...but thanks for the link.

    SvaraRadera
  3. The withdrawn is a bit scarce, but not impossible to find.

    SvaraRadera
  4. I'll be sure to check the matrixes if I find the single...the different "T1" and "T2" stands for "take one" and "take two" I assume.

    SvaraRadera