torsdag 19 september 2013

DAVID BOWIE/GOLDEN YEARS OF BOW DB 6791 (-80)

Usually I don't buy bootlegs, but there are a few I couldn't resist through the years - like "Who's Zoo" I posted earlier. While that had many rare studio cuts and surprisingly high sound quality, this doesn't reach up in any way. Most of the tracks are live outtakes from seventies concerts in Santa Monica, Uniondale, London and Stockholm - some with acceptable audio and some really bad - and two from a US Christmas TV show. That I could have been without. The one reason I'm having the record is the original '45 mono mix of "Conversation Piece", first issued as B-side of the 1970 "Prettiest Star" single (Mercury MF1135). As far as I know all other vinyl albums with the track uses a stereo mix. It has showed up on CD ("Sound + Vision" Rycodisc RCD 90120/121/122), but this is the only time I've heard the mono on LP. Luckily that is also the best sounding cut - almost legit quality. Don't know anything about other pressings of the record. This looks and feels OK with medium-thick vinyl and glossy gold cover. (ÖRJ*)(PKÅ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar