lördag 18 augusti 2018

BUDDY GUY, JUNIOR MANCE & JUNIOR WELLS/BUDDY AND THE JUNIORS SHSP 4006 (-70) UK

Here's one for the black blues connoisseurs. After what I listened to in my teens I've always been a white blues man myself, but this fits so many of my other likings. As recorded live in the studio with larger part seemingly improvised carrying lots of feeling it could also be tagged good garage. All acoustic and very personal. Listening now I almost get the feeling I'm at home with the guys and they're giving me a private concert. Having a hard time to honestly pick out any favorite tracks since it's not my genre. For me it's all about the presence and atmosphere, which is enough to make it good for my ears. I'm reading interesting stuff about these recordings on Allmusic and other places on the net. Not copying that here, but it is good reading for the concerned . Apart from muscical content it could be a hit for the collector of UK Harvest as it just saw one tiny issue, didn't sell a lot then and remains one of the rarer from the label. Premiere US on Blue Thumb (BTS 8820), some on marbled vinyl (BTS 20). Also originally released on Blue Thumb in France (2C062-92230) and Japan (SWX-6167M). Reissued many times on CD through the years, but non with bonus tracks. UK had label as shown here and laminated flip/back cover. (HÄVL*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar