tisdag 20 november 2018

BRYAN FERRY/BOYS AND GIRLS EGLP 62 (-85) UK

One more spin on my ferry-go-round. Always liked his vocals and even if the solo albums not all entirely perfect there are enough good moments on each of them to make him worth while. Like this one. His seventh and most successful, topping the UK list and having very good sales around the globe. It could be described as fluffy synth disco and I should hate it with every fiber in my cranky analog body, but I can't...at least not all of it. Some of the up-tempo parts are not for my ears as I still can't stand synthesized drum and bass in the lead, but the slower numbers luring me into that special mood...misty and mysterious like sirens calling a lost sailor. Title track is magic...so delicate and unhurried yet in an odd way nagging, making it strangely catchy. "Slave To Love" a love ballad so self evident you have to love either you're into that kind or not and "Sensation" with its beautiful background vocals and guitar parts (David Gilmour?) just can't be denied. So to me a little uneven, but the highlights so bright it's a must have. Issued and reissued all over the world on every possible format through the years. First UK was marketed by Polydor (later Virgin) with labels as shown here and matt cover with glossy pic/lyric/credit inner. (ÄNÖ*) (BRÄY*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar