måndag 26 november 2018

THE KINKS NPL 18096 (-64) UK MONO

After posting both the Australian Astor mono and the UK Golden Guinea stereo earlier feel I don't have much more to add...other than I still think it's one of the best debutes from a British rock band back then. Right on, filled with tons of youthful will and most of it sounding like recorded live in the studio. I do see and hear people considering it half bad or just ordinary and don't understand why. Ok the choice of covers can be called ordinary, apart from "You Really Got Me" the self-penned don't shine too bright and they clearly had American role models, but that's not the point. I dig the vocals coming out bare without any second thought, the sparse but tight setting and the sheer energy of it all. Lots of presence giving me direct connection. Maybe you have to be both a die-hard Kinks fan and garage lover to appreciate it this much, but I am and I do and I wont change. First UK mono and export stereo https://monolover.blogspot.com/2022/08/the-kinkskinks-nspl-83021-64-uk-export.html came with logo to the left on label and "Recording first Published 1964" as shown here, thick unflexible vinyl and laminated flip/back cover with Pye ad inner. (PÖY*) (KYX*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar