onsdag 4 december 2019

IGGY POP/LUST FOR LIFE PL 12488 (-77) UK

Made and released same year as "The Idiot" (see earlier post), also this with deep Bowie involvement and much of the same crew. Reading about it now I understand it's publically more well liked than its predecessor, sold better and seen as nearer The Stooges in song-writing and style. I'm not all in with all that. It may have been more successful list-wise, but to my taste "The Idiot" is a far better album with its dark musky flavor and garage atmosphere. I get an honest impression there and even if made with a purpose it still comes out as almost unproduced. This on the other hand sounds more well-done, the audio is bright and clear, and even if offering great songs it hits me as stragglier and less cool than "The Idiot" and therefore not as good to my ears and mind. That said...I couldn't be without the title track, "Tonight" or "Fall In Love With Me". I'm not trying to put it down, just saying I like "The Idiot" better and why so. Both are classics in their own separate ways and for die-hard Bowie fans this may be even better as you hear more from him here than there. Issued and reissued on all possible formats all over the world through the years. First US on RCA Victor (AFL1-2488). Japan 2014 limited edition CD in paper sleeve on Universal/Virgin (UICY 76649). Premiere UK had label as shown here and thin matt cover. As with "The Idiot" this also has a lyre stamped on matrix, showing on a Utopia mastering and an early press. (ÅGGÅ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar