torsdag 9 februari 2023

THE ROLLING STONES/STICKY FINGERS COC 59100 (-71) UK

 


One of those all time classic albums that's been dissected down to the smallest molecules on every possible level through the years and I got nothing to add on that. Already posted the Spanish original, wich is intriguing because of its different tracking and other sleeve design - more on that here  https://monolover.blogspot.com/2012/06/rolling-stonessticky-fingers-hrss-591.html . But even if that is more odd and thus in a way more interesting I still wanted a UK press as they originally were a British band. It proved to be hard since those hardly show up in the local bins where I get all my vinyl and when they do in ok nick the price is mostly way out of my league. But now I've finally found one fitting my wallet and feel I have to post something on it. Had other copies since release and gone through every track as favorite. Though later years there's been especially two - two opposites. The languishing "Moonlight Mile", which to my taste is the most touching Stones song ever with its beautiful string arrangements by Paul Buckmaster (1946-2017), and  "You Gotta Move" - an old spritual here transfomed into a dirty blues number. Both still giving me goose pimples if I'm in the mood. This is not a very first UK press. Seems the earliest came as fold-out and/or with larger zipper and/or without the "Promotone" text on label. But since it has the original sleeve design and insert and the audio is smashing - loud, clear and offensive - it's good enough for me.  (RÅ*)

                                                                                
                                                                                  
                                                                                  
                                                                              
                                                                                 

                                                                               


 




 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar