fredag 23 november 2012

AL KOOPER/YOU NEVER KNOW WHO YOUR FRIENDS ARE S 63651 (-69) UK

His second solo album. While the first was more experimental, almost psychedelic at parts, this is down to earth r&b/jazz/pop with almost a big band feel to it. I can't help placing it in the same field as albums from the best US pop-prog bands of the era - like Chicago, BS&T and Flock - and in comparison I don't find this up there. Although it has some good songs I hear more skill than feeling and it don't touch me. Kooper is one of the founders of modern American rock, but he has done a lot better through the years. It will remain in my collection, but it's not one I play a lot. Premiere US issue on Columbia (CS 9855). First UK with label as shown here, thick unflexible vinyl with SBPG matrix and laminated cover with record number above logo on front and back. (ÄLCÖ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar