lördag 4 november 2017

WINGS/LONDON TOWN PAS 10012 (-78) UK

After the, to my taste, insipid "Wings At The Speed Of Sound" this their next studio LP was a revelation surpassing all my expectations. It had everything I wanted from a McCartney/ Wings album - well written catchy songs, thorough production, adaptive arrangements and top audio, all conveyed with a positive feeling. On my list his third best so far, after "Ram" and "Band On The Run", with an outcome reminding a lot of those two. Don't know if the result had to with Linda being pregnant at the time, refraining them from touring thus allowing more time for the project. Or if the turmoil in the band resulting in two members leaving during recordings made the remaining three work even harder. Or maybe the fact that old Beatles engineer Geoff Emerick took part had a more than supporting effect. In any case I love it. Not all five star songs, but a couple tophole and for the rest a very high lowest level. The ones that go right to my gut are - "With A Little Luck", "Café On The Left Bank", "I've Had Enough" and "London Town". Also "Famous Groupies" and "Morse Moose And The Grey Goose" make me smile, the latter some kind of Irish folk psych. If I had to say something negative for me it'd be synths are taking a large part of the backing, but the further delivery is so good - then especially guitars and vocals - it's forgiven. Originally released all over the world on vinyl, cassette and 8-track. First US vinyl on Capitol (SW-11777). Japan 1995 CD (Odeon TOCP-3131) came with "Mull Of Kintyre" and "Girls' School" as bonus tracks. Premiere UK had labels as shown here, thin glossy cover, glossy lyric inner and picture poster. (BÄ*) (MÄCC*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar