fredag 10 november 2017

SUPER POPS INTERNATIONAL 65 356 8 (-76) GERMANY

German record club compilation, issued through Bretelsmann's entertainment system - where members could buy records, books and movies at a low price. One of many I assume, but to my taste excelling by track choice and audio making it one of the better Island samplers. Side two alone has enough to tickle any true period music lover. Taking off with Free "All Right Now" and Jim Capaldi "Eve", followed by Spooky Tooth "Better By You, Better Than Me" (from "Spooky Two"), Traffic "Paper Sun", Fairport Concention "Si Tu Dois Partir" (from Unhalfbricking"), Sparks "This Town Aint Big Enough..." and ending with Mott The Hoople "Rock'n'Roll Queen". A sequence that at least floors me. Side one don't tick all my boxes, but the Georgie Fame and Jess Roden 45 cuts, together with Cat Stevens and Spencer Davies makes it worth while. Audio is amazing all through - big, bouncy and wide, filling my entire living room. Good stuff. To my knowledge this was the only issue. It came with label as shown here and thin matt cover. (SÄM*) (GÖXÄ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar