måndag 2 april 2018

THE BEATLES/LET IT BE AR 34001 (-70) US

Had an early (-2U/-2U matrix) UK press forever and as that appears exquisite, combining clarity with perfect bass-treble balance thus giving a very natural outcome, thought it was the best possible LIB listening and therefore never bothered to go for any other issues. But after finding this US press I'm not so sure anymore. As somewhat louder and having a wider and more open sound picture with each separate part a little bigger it actually adds something to the already very good UK and even makes the album better to me. I know what I'm doing here can be tagged as audiophile scrutinizing and therefore jilted by many, but it is a regular Beatles release and I just have to have best possible fit to my ears. And so far for me this US is. It can be confusing trying to sort out different US pressings of certain albums and in this case even more so since counterfeits were pressed in large quantities and sold as regulars. To avoid those you can check the matrixes for "Bell Sound" stamps. If they're there it's legit. The simplest way to distinguish a first press would be if the label has "P.D." credit for "Maggie Mae" (as shown here), later have "P.D. arr Lennon, McCartney, Harrison, Starkey". This copy also has the ─◁ symbol on matrixes, showing it was pressed at Capitol Records Pressing Plant, Winchester. May be important to know since it's the audio I'm celebrating and can't vouch for any other variation. To learn about all separate matrix stamps and etchings I recommend Discogs, way too much to get into here. (BÄ*) (YZÄ*) (CPYC*) (ÄPLÄ*) (LGÅ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar