tisdag 25 september 2018

BRYAN FERRY/THESE FOOLISH THINGS ILPS 9249 (-73) UK

Continuing the Pin-Ups post here after a big bowl of java early morn. In my world these two albums have always been siblings and not only because they reached the shops and were bought by me at the same time. Both were recorded and co-produced by top vocalist glam icons covering some of their favorite songs backed by parts of their contemporary bands. The arrangements are equally thoughtful and inspiring and the audio excellent, providing very good listening. I can state the same releation here as with Bowie and Pin-Ups...covers or not this is a tophole Ferry album. Differences are - while Bowie mostly cover up-tempo songs and perform them as such the track choice on this brings a softer and more elegant impression. Pin-Ups can make me love intensely and snap my fingers, but here I'm soothed and can lean back with idle hands and a happy smile. So alike yet so different and of such high quality most period lovers would probably need both to get by. I couldn't chose even at gun point, so if you gonna make me - just shoot me first. Issued pretty much all over the world in the seventies, also on 8-track and cassette. Japan 2015 remastered SACD on Virgin (UIGY-9684). Not 100% sure if this copy belongs to the very first batch, but confident it's early, having label as shown here, medium-thick vinyl and fully laminated cover with Island logo black inner. (ÄNÖ*) (BRÄY*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar