onsdag 5 september 2018

THE SHANES/LET US SHOW YOU SSX 1011 (-64) MONO SWEDEN

 To get more on the release itself and listen to a couple of the songs check post on the 1967 HMV issue   https://monolover.blogspot.com/2012/06/shaneslet-us-show-you-sglp-528-64-67.html . Had that second press for years now and always been content with the audio and sleeve design so I shouldn't need this. The issues are a couple of years apart though equally rare and valued about the same. They're also made from the same matrixes and the audio identical. The sleeve design and label mode differ, but that's it. Still I find this first press a lot more enjoyable listening, knowing it was earlier. Not only because it was the very first Swedish r/b album and this was the one in the shops 1964, but for some reason since it is an original my ears seems to open a little wider with a friendlier reception. Most people I know don't care if it's the first or fourteenth press, or what format it is, as long as they get the music ok, which of course saves them lots of money. Sadly that doesn't work for me. Even if I have the best later issue still can't stop before finding the original. It's a sickness...and I got it bad! Very first with label as shown here, thick unflexible vinyl and thin fully laminated cover. (SCÄ*) (CCÖ*) (XHÄ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar