söndag 23 september 2018

DAVID BOWIE/PIN-UPS RS 1003 (-73) UK

A while ago when picking out "Aladdin Sane" for a post my fingers stumbled across this. It had slided back on the deep shelf and stayed unnoticed between "Aladdin" and "Diamond Dogs" for a very long time. Totally forgotten and now is probably the first time in a decade or so I have the pleasure to rehear it. No disrespect - it's just when you buy and trade a lot some items tend to disappear and this is not the first time things get lost in my collection to be recovered much later. I slightly remember when first buying it close to release I also bought Bryan Ferry's "These Foolish Things" at the same occation. Not a big thing then, but in retrospective feels kind of cool I got these iconic cover albums, both then newly issued, in one sweep. I'll get back to Ferry after this...one reaquaintance at a time. Listening now sure gives me lots of good vibes. You can always argue if cover versions can stand up to or even surpass the originals. I this case I don't think so as all treated here have grown to be darlings as they were making them impossible to better in any way, but that's not the point. Covers or not this is a tophole Bowie album. Every single cut is delicatley treated with insight and empathy, production and mixing superb and audio on this UK copy downright addictive. Didn't realise how much I missed it and very happy it's back in my reach again. Would be pointless to pick out favorites when listening while writing this 3.30 in the morning as I tend to be very emotional in the wee hours so let's say they all are...and very much so. Issued and reissued in about every format all over the world through the years. First UK had label as shown here, medium thick vinyl and matt cover with picture/credit insert. (PKÅ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar