torsdag 13 september 2018

DAVID BOWIE/ALADDIN SANE RS 1001 (-73) UK

I guess we all have records we know so well and love so much there's no need to spin them anymore. Just picking them out and looking at the cover and tracking is enough to make the songs appear in the mind - note by note, word by word. This is one of mine. I have friends who dislike or even hate it for various reasons. Too much posing, too much make-up, too artsy or just too much Bowie. Be that as it may, but for me it's all about the songs, the melodies. Not even my favorite Bowie album, which would be Hunky Dory and sometimes Scary Monsters, and I'm not all in when he's trying to do rock'n'roll. But to me four of the songs are so special they make the whole album a classic - "Aladdin Sane", "Drive-In Saturday", "Panic In Detroit" and "Time". The rest also above average but not that magic. Just played "Drive-In Saturday" in my head while looking at the sleeve and it feels fine. Maybe one of those days I will give it a spin, but for now as I'm listening to my inner "Panic In Detroit" it'll go back to the shelf. To my knowledge the copy shown here belong to the first UK issue. -3T/-3T matrixes, glossy label as shown here, thicker vinyl and thick sturdy cover with lyric inner and fan-club insert. (PKÅ*)

2 kommentarer:

  1. Anyone that uses any of the four reasons you listed for not liking this album is not worth the effort of knowing. It's Ziggy in America for god's sake! What's not to like!

    SvaraRadera