söndag 6 januari 2019

SAM & DAVE/SOUL MEN SD 725 (-67) CANADA

Apart from memories of their first big hit and debute album "Hold On, I'm Comin" I had nothing relating to the duo when writing about their second LP "Double Dynamite" a while ago. I held out then to give it time and make them a positive part of my soul experiece and already by listening to this third album I'm feeling mission accomplished. Cause this is even better and impossible to resist. Audio and stereo mix no less than perfect - big, balanced, strong and clear with prominent bass and drums. Much more than a welcome...I'm drawn in by pure strength. Backing unbrokenly appropriate from brass and guitar licks to the hard working rhythm section. And either up-tempo or slower moves the guys sing their hearts out. After listening to the whole thing now I'm exhausted. Not only from dancing on the living room floor, but by the sheer energy of it all. A tophole party record for sure, but also warm and touching enough to enjoy from the listening chair. I can't find one weak track, but if I have to chose favorites it'd be the up-tempo ones "Soul Man", "Hold It Baby" and "Don't Knock It" plus the slower "I'm With You". Issued and reissued on vinyl and CD all over the world through the years. Premiere US on Stax (S/725), also on cassette and reel-to-reel. 1994 2xCD on Atlantic/Rhino (9548 32604-2) had this studio LP plus one with live recordings. First Canadian had label as shown here and glossy cover. (YZÄ*) (TÄX*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar