torsdag 18 april 2019

BEE GEES /MAIN COURSE 2394 150 (-75) UK

Always a fan of the band's sixties stuff and some after that, but not feeling the same delight for their disco whereabouts. This can be called a transition LP - old style sentimental ballads mixed with danceable numbers pointing forward to the next couple of album's feverish success. My original plan for this post was to mention the influence by US soul, how the synths are used in an ok way, or try to place the tracks on timelines comparing with former and upcoming songs. But I'm way to tired this morning so I'm not, just getting down to my absolute basics. Two great songs - "Jive Talking" and "Nights On Broadway" - the rest ok I guess though not catching me the same way. Production and arrangements has perfect fit and audio on this UK press excellent. To my taste far from their best album, but good enough for spinning and collecting. Issued on every possible format all over the world through the years. Premiere US on RSO (SO 4807). Japan 2013 limited edition CD in paper sleeve on Reprise (WPCR-15271). First UK had label as shown here and thin matt cover with lyric/pic inner. (BÅXÅ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar