fredag 21 juni 2019

DEEP PURPLE/FIREBALL SHVL 793 (-71) UK

One of those household LP:s that probably every hard rock lover know and and have an opinion about. This is my two cents. I stayed loyal and enthused with about everything they produced from the start up to 1973 so it'd be next to impossible for me to pick out an absolute best album from that period. But if you twist my arm this has to be it. It's certainly the most varied LP made by the "classic" line-up. Side one starting with three very melodic and catchy hard rock numbers - "Fireball", "No No No" and "Demon's Eye" - then ending with the intriguing countryish ballad "Anyones Daughter". Side two more in the hard rock outskirts, moving towards pych and prog, but still having that gripping "it" feeling. So for me side one for instant joy and side two for groovier moods. All tracks have become favorites, but when listening today I prefer side two and then especially "Fools" and "No One Came". Very first UK issue had label with "Gramophone" top left, "MADE IN GT. "BRITAIN" inside rim at bottom and structured cover plus a lyric insert. This has the "EMI" label and lacks the insert, but it comes with the structured cover, the first press -2U/-3U matrixes and the audio is pristine so maybe some kind of transition copy. I'm aware a "first press" copy would sound exactly the same and I shouldn't need one for listening pleasures, but if one of those showed up fitting my wallet I would probably pick it anyway...for apparently unintelligible reasons or...I don't know...it's something a record collector ought to do? (DHÄ*) (HÄVL*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar