torsdag 14 maj 2020

10CC/HOW DARE YOU! 9102 501 (-75) UK

For more backgound check post on their greatest hits "100 CC". I keep albums for different reasons, mostly because they in one way or another work with me, go to my gut or just make me happy. Can't say this belongs to any of those categories, but otherwise so well done in every possible way it has to stay. Funny and memorable lyrics to adeptly written melodies, transmitted by top production and audio. Can't explain why it doesn't catch me 100%. Maybe it has to do with me, as a child of the fifties and sixties I need at least some kind of transparency to make it come alive, something that can make me feel the artists and get me close to the actual recordings. Same reason I love everything Rolling Stones up to around the mid-seventies, but just bits and pieces after that and why I prefer early Pink Floyd while some of their later stuff don't hit me that hard. Part of that certainly a result of "bettered" studio equipment, allowing more significant maneuvers from the control room and sometimes resulting in ready made products rather than a meetings with the performers. Not saying that always led to something bad, though in this case I probably would have liked it more if less smoothened . Anyway it's still a keeper and maybe some day I get it as it was meant to be. Issued and reissued on about every format around the world through the years. Premiere UK had label as shown here and thick matt fold/out cover with glossy lyric/credit inner.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar