måndag 25 maj 2020

DAVID BOWIE/LET'S DANCE AMLP 3029 (-83) UK PICTURE DISC

By far the Bowie record I've had the hardest to get near. Not that I thought it was all bad, but as a follow-up to the mind-blowing "Lodger" and  "Scary Monsters..." I saw it as a betrayal to us old fans. After so many innovative albums filled with challenging moments, this was just too slim and crowd-pleasing and didn't stirr my brain at all. Never owned a copy before, but spotted this pic disc at a very reasonable price and thought - why not? After spinning it for a couple of days I have to admit it has its moments. The vocals are top notch all the way and even if almost can't stand the title track or "Modern Love" his voice still makes me listen. To my taste neither "China Girl" nor "Criminal World" reach up to the Iggy Pop or Metro originals, yet this "Cat People" version works just fine. "Ricochet" enjoyable as psychedelic disco, but my favorites are the very emotional "Without You" and the perky "Shake It" with perfect balance between vocals, rhythm and the brazen guitar. Never thought I could wrap my ears around this album and actually enjoy some of it, but now I have and I do. It took me thirtyseven years, but better late than never. Issued and reissued every possible way all over the world through the years. UK regular vinyl on EMI (AML 3029), US (SO-17093). This UK pic disc came in a thick poly-vinyl sleeve, some with a "Not For Sale" sticker. (PKÅ*)

2 kommentarer:

  1. Where are links to these rips please

    SvaraRadera
  2. Sorry mate, I'm Swedish and don't get the exact meaning of the word "rips" and therefore not sure what kind of links You mean.

    I don't have the equipment to offer needledrops.

    All pics shown on the blog are from my own copies and writings also my own.

    If there's something else you want, please explain further.

    Kindly/Erik

    SvaraRadera