fredag 29 maj 2020

THE BEE GEES/BEE GEES FIRST UK STEREO 583012 VS. UK MONO 582012

Time for this old monolover to make yet another stereo revaluation. No need for format confirming comparison with this one, as all tracks are known to have separate mixes. Had the mono for ages and always been blown away by that mix. Also kept stereos long time ago which I then thought sounded second hand and therefore subpar. But that was long ago and now I'm pondering if the replay equipment I used back than had something to do with the experience. Since it is one of the better melodic psych albums of the period with a fantastic blend of catchy and experimental and one I never get tired of hearing I'm now trying out the stereo again to see if that can add to my joy. And it does in a way. To my ears it is a for its time tophole mix. Well kept together and avoiding too much panning it comes out natural and providing very good listening. Naturally some of the balance differ between the formats, but apart from that i get about the same sensation. Stereo may be percieved as a bit more detailed and the mono as somewhat clearer and more powerful, but that's just from close frontal listening. Other ear directions give an almost equal result. I still prefer the mono, but promise I will never bad-mouth or frown upon this stereo again. (BÅXÅ*) (MÅW*) (CPYC*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar