söndag 17 maj 2020

JETHRO TULL/UNDER WRAPS CDL 1461 (-84) SWEDEN

Jethro Tull was and still is one of my all time favorite bands. Most of their albums without weak spots and even if uneven there were always enough good moments on each of them to make me happy. This was the only one I couldn't stand back then. While everything they'd issued before had a kind of warm glow, making you feel like you were among friends, this came more aloof. Bought it at release but didn't listen a lot before it disapperad in some trade. Now after picking another copy thought it would be fair to give it a new chance. I have tried to like it all, though after listening through a couple of times I still don't feel invited to the entire party. I hear good songwriting, sweet flute and lots of exquisite guitars, but the bombastic synth arrangements put me off and makes it impossible to listen to the LP in one sweep without catching a cold. However there are moments here I can't deny today. In spite of all the digital "Lap Of Luxury" is catchy enough and "Apogee" invites to an interesting ride, but my absolute favorite is the acoustic "Under Wraps #2" showing what it could have been in a more analog dress. So even if low on my Tull scale it's now a keeper anyway and not only as a filler. Issued on vinyl, cassette and CD all over the world through the years. Premiere UK on Chrysalis (CDL 1461), US (FV 41461). Japan 2005 CD (Chrysalis TOCP 67681) in paper sleeve came with four bonus tracks. First Swedish had labels as shown here in a glossy cover with lyric inner. (YÖHT*) (CCÖ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar