fredag 29 maj 2020

THE VELVET UNDERGROUND 2345 033 (-74) UK

One of a bunch compilations issued after the band started to disintegrate around 1970, containing stereo takes from their first three albums. Haven't heard all the others so I can't make a final comparison, but this sounds totally ok to my ears. Considering the quality of some of the original recordings the audio is surprisingly good. You can always argue with track choice on collections like this, but to my taste it presents a well balanced picture of the three years involved - from the raw beginnings to the somewhat cooler end. I'm more into their messy stuff so my favorites here would be "White Light/White Heat" and "Run Run Run". It's not called a "Best of..." so no such expectations, but I still think they could have added "Waiting For The Man" as that is one of their most famed. There may be compilations out there fitting separate tastes better, but if you're just after an early vinyl providing enjoyable listening and happens to spot it in some cheap been it's well worth while. To my knowledge released in UK only and never reissued in any shape.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar