onsdag 12 augusti 2020

PAUL AND LINDA McCARTNEY/RAM HRM-33452-01 (-12) E.U. MONO PROMO

Feel I have to do a repost on this one. Seems I was too quick to condemn it at first and now have to make amends. The original is one of the most classic and sought-after mono mixes so after buying this reissue I expected some kind of miracle, but since what I got from my first spin was a more or less ordiary mono I was disappointed and without further pondering graded it below both the UK stereo and Brazil mono. Now a couple of years later after playing it a lot I've changed my mind . It is a frickin' good mono mix of a great album with quite a few differeces to the stereo and the audio is awesome - big and clear with lots of presence. So here's a more positive version of what I wrote the first time... 2012 remastered reissue of the 1971 US mono promo mix offering pretty much everything the true Beatle fan needs. Prepared at Abbey Road studios just before release and hosted in a simulated promo/test press plain white sleeve with title in lead pencil on top right front and a short description note about the issue on bottom left. Insert is a small card having song list on one side and credits on the other. Vinyl protected by a glossy plain white inner. It's pressed on thick unflexible high quality vinyl, each copy is numbered and the audio is top notch. Perfect for radio play and also with details not as audible on other versions it's a must in my book. A fine background to almost any chore, but also doing it up close, inviting us Ram lovers to get in even further. I do like both the original UK stereo and Brazil mono, but this is also has an historical value and even if a much later remastered repress it has a lot to give. (BÄ*) (MÄCC*) (ÖRJ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar