måndag 28 februari 2022

SIMON AND GARFUNKEL/BOOKENDS KCS 9529 (-68) US STEREO


  I didn't waste many words on the UK mono when posting it ten years ago, just pitied the fold - which among other things is specified by label having reference to the US stereo number (KCS 9529) instead of the mono (KCL 2729). That sounds ok, but still not the real thing. And as the US mono has at least partly different mixes I've been trying to find one of those ever since. Still havent, but a while ago I came across this 1:st press US stereo and that's a mindblower in its own way. Certainly one of the better period stereos out there - incredibly wide and detailed.  "Save The Life Of My Child" may come with somewhat too much reverb for my taste, but the rest is just dandy. And so far I've never heard better reproductions of my fav songs from it  - "America", "Old Friends", "Fakin' It" and "Mrs. Robinson". Still hoping to find a US mono, but till I do this will be more than sufficient.  Issued and reissued all over the world on every possible format through the years. Premiere US (here Santa Maria press) had label as shown here in a glossy cover. Earliest copies also came with a large poster. Way too big for my scanner, so the last pic below I borrowed from the net just to show it in all its glory.  (YZÄ*)

                                                                              
                                                                             
                                                                             

     



                                                                                    

                                                                                

                                                                           


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar