onsdag 15 mars 2023

THE ROLLING STONES/TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE (Anthology 1971 - 1977) COC 59107 (-79) GERMANY/ SCANDINAVIA

 


Already have a large number of Stones compilations, so when I saw this in a bin a couple of days ago i asked myself - do I really need one more? But of course I did, so I picked and payed. As a big fan of the band I may not need every single album, though when they come on tounge label with either "COC" or "CUN" prefix I can't resist. Also this one has three of their most loved ballads - "Angie", Time Waits For No One" and "Fool To Cry" - coupled with some dynamite rockers. I especially like that they included "All Down The Line" from Exile On Main Street and "Dancing With Mr. D." from Goats Head Soup - two of my favorites on those albums and two that I didn't expect to show up on any kind of band collection. Good choice. Even if I can be without the live take - "If You Can't Rock Me/Get Off My Cloud" - from Love You Live, the rest is Stones as I want them. And the audio is just fine. Some of he cuts differ in volume, but they all come out good to the ears. So no regrets for adding yet another Stones compilation to my collection. I can absolutely live with this. Issued on vinyl in Japan, Downunder, South Africa, Mexico and all over Europe. Japan 2019 limited ed. CD in paper sleeve on R.S. Records (UICY-78939) . This press seems to be a German one exported to Scandinavia. It came with label as shown here in a thin glossy cover and tounge inner with track credit.  (RÅ*)  (GÖXÄ*)

                                                                                   
                                                                                  
                                                                                    
                                                                                

                                                                                  

                                         






 

 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar