onsdag 23 oktober 2013

BLACK SABBATH/SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH WWA 005 (-73) UK

Took me some time to warm up to this. After the mind-blowing stone(d) hard Vol. 4 I expected more of the same. But the relatively mellow approach including synths, flutes and one track being orchestrated pop put me off at first. A few years later, after getting rid of some youthful preconceptions, I opened my heart and got handsomely rewarded. Greater part of it is very attractive melodic hard rock and Ozzy does a lot of good. I will never get used to "Spiral Architect" and would have preferred "Who Are You" with a dark Iommi guitar riff instead of synth, but most of the rest is outstanding. Fav tracks - "Killing Yourself To Live" and "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath". The LP has been dissected down to smallest molecule and I got no new info on background or music. But if you're planning to buy it - beware of defective copies. At a few occations I've seen "1:st press UK" for sale with swapped parts - first release records in second press covers or original inners replaced by newer ones. If you don't know it already - here's what constitutes a true first UK press. Label as shown here - smooth with no ridge, WWA logo in silver and rec no. to the right. The inner sleeve is textured, some with flaps. Pic inside fold/out covers the entire surface. Rear sleeve have "Manufactured and Printed in England" only and no reference to maker. (BLÄC*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar