lördag 19 oktober 2013

LED ZEPPELIN/PHYSICAL GRAFFITI SSK 89400 (-75) UK

In my book one of the best double albums ever together with "Colosseum Live", "Exile On Main Street", "White Album", "London Calling", "Freak Out" and a few others. It has brought me lots of joy through the years, although lately I mostly choose the first record - pure rock'n'roll delight and not a bad moment. The second is somewhat messy and uneven with "Sick Again", "Ten Years Gone" and "In The Light" outshining the rest. I've had many copies and pressings since first release and a while ago I started to hoover the net to see if my previous one really was the entire UK press I paid for. I can't just take any single dealer or bloggers word for it, but after many re-checks I'm certain. Thought I'd share it here, if anyone needs a short-cut to the issue. Most copies you see today were made by Atlantic's distributor WEA for an international market, but early on a UK domestic one appeared, pressed by CBS with cover from "Gothic Print Finishers Ltd". The very first matrixes are machine stamped as follows - A1/B4/C1/D1. The label has "Made in UK" and no WEA logo. Inner sleeves have rec no. bottom right and the "Kings Road" address shows up on top back cover and the "window sheet" inner. See details below. The vinyl is medium thick and of good quality, bringing very fine audio and dead silence between tracks. That's it - beware of insert and cover swapping! (LÖZ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar