måndag 25 februari 2019

TEN YEARS AFTER/UNDEAD UK MONO DML 1023 VS. STEREO SML 1023

As this mono has been reissued and advertized as special I expected at least a couple of clearly distiguishable differences from a folded stereo, but connecting the channels gives a very similar result. Only deviations I can hear are miniscule ones in balance or reverb - like the treble on the mono sometimes being less sharp or the connected stereo coming through slighty more roomy at occation - but nothing distinct showing on separate mixes. If it weren't for the promoted reissues I would have called it a groomed fold, but now I got the feeling I've missed something. If someone reading this knows better please tell! I wanna know. That said - it is a tophole live album on any format. Stereo is rather narrow with great overlapping, coming out totally natural giving a being-there feeling...exactly like the mono. That's what I got from a close encounter and sitting in an adjacent room listening with erected ears I couldn't tell them apart even if I tried. So both may be important for collectable reasons, but if you're after best audio it's an even race. (DÄRR*) (XYÄ*) (MÅW*) (CPYC*) (LYBÖ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar