torsdag 11 juni 2020

THE BYRDS/FIFTH DIMENSION SBPG 62783 (-66) UK STEREO

Following is very personal, but thought maybe someone out there can relate. Never had a 1st press US mono or stereo of this LP. Till now only version I've carried with me all those years is a UK mono (see earlier post). I did listen to a UK stereo at a friends at the time and then thought...though the mono had its disadvantages as being cut very loud with way too big bass and almost getting messy at parts, it still sounded better than the stereo. But letting my mind drift back I realise we used a rather poor paraphernalia at that time and the ascultation was shallow, so now I'm trying again with better equipment and wider, more receptive ears. And what do you know...I've always loved having a UK 1st mono though not too keen on hearing it because I thought the loud cut was too offensive, but now with this stereo I can suddenly enjoy the music a lot more. The mix is very good for a four channel recording - partly panned but well kept together and most of the time giving a natural impression. As the mono cut loud, but never messy or bursting the seams. I still like having the mono in my collection, but for listening from now on my first choice will be this stereo. Premiere UK had structured label with "33" as shown here and laminated flip/back cover with CBS ad inner. (XYGZ*) (MÅW*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar