lördag 6 juni 2020

GENESIS/NURSERY CRYME CAS 1052 (-72) US

Been hunting this US scroll label variation for some time. When comparing the US Foxtrot scroll with a UK first press I heard a clear difference between the two (see earlier post) and at least to my taste the US came out a little better. Not that there's anything wrong with the audio from the first matrix UK Nursery Cryme, pure joy to my ears, but thought that maybe the US could add something. But as far as I can hear they play exactly the same. I can live with that. It is one of my favorites with the band and to me tracks like "Harold The Barrel", "The Musical Box", "The Return Of The Giant Hogweed" and "The Fountain Of Salmacis" are timeless classics I'll probably never get tired of hearing. So I can as well have two and probably others too if more interesting variations should show up. For more on the issue itself, check post on my UK "transition" copy. While later US mad hatter label releases had fold/out sleeves, some even structured, this first scroll came in a plain single one with a Buddah Records ad inner. (YZÄ*) (CÄX*) (GYÄ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar