måndag 13 januari 2020

BLACK SABBATH/MASTER OF REALITY 6360 050 (-71) SWEDEN

When you ask around what Sabbath album has made the biggest impact then and now almost all answer "Paranoid". I like that a lot too, but my favourites with the band have always been "Vol.4" and this. To my ears their most mature and full blown with the exact right balance between heartfelt and deep darkness. As heavy rock incomparable and unprecedented. It would be impossible to get it darker and heavier and still make it this catchy. This is a true rock classic and as from a British band the most sought after copies are the complete UK:s with black label, embossed laminated box, poster and dated swirl inner. Problem is demand for top copies is much higher than supply and today it's almost impossible to get a complete mint one for less than $500. A much cheaper alternative could be this Swedish first press. It came with imported UK box, inner and poster (missing with this copy) and the audio absolutely smashing - big and dark, yet clear. Only difference is the B-side label here is white with "NCB" on it. If you can live with that it's possible to get a fully equipped top copy for under $100. I found this a while ago and since I'm retired nowadays and my founds are very limited it was a revelation. I will try to hunt down the missing poster eventually, but apart from that I'm good and see no need for update. (BLÄC*) (WLÖ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar