lördag 14 november 2020

LED ZEPPELIN/VINTAGE LED ZEPPELIN 1971 CN 4194-S (-83) UK

 


 Part of a concert performed in London spring 1971, originally recorded by BBC:s Transcription Services as "Led Zeppelin In Concert-305" for radio transmit only and never aimed for sales of any kind. However since then copied numerous times on various LP and CD counterfeits under differing names. This is one of those.  To my taste their official live - "The Song Remains The Same" - though very well performed came out way too smooth and far from when I saw them live myself 1970 and 1973 (see earlier post), making it hard for me to connect to the groove.  It's a lot easier here.  A string of some of their best known numbers - "Immigrant Song", "Heartbreaker", "Black Dog", "Going To California", "That's The Way", "What Is And What Should Never Be",  "Communication Breakdown", "Stairway To Heaven" and a "Whole Lotta Love" medly including a cover of Elvis'  "A Mess Of Blues".  I take the audio on this bootleg isn't all up there with the BBC original, but certainly good enough for me.  Turning up the voulme I can let my mind drift back to the concerts I saw.  In comparison to TSRTS less balanced and sometimes a little messier, but a lot more authentic.  So if you want your Zeppelin smoother go for TSRTS, but for those who for better or worse want to get close to how they really sounded on stage back then this is the better choice.  (LYBÖ*)  (LÖZ*)  (ÖRJ*)

                                                                                   
                                                                                   



 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar