onsdag 25 november 2020

THE BEST OF THE STEVE MILLER BAND 5C054 80287 (-70) HOLLAND

 


I've seen the prices on original issues of Steve Miller Band's first three albums have skyrocketed in these parts last decades.  I still miss Children Of The Future and Sailor, but when they rarley show up in the bins in acceptable nick it's always too much for my wallet. So I was happy to find this Dutch collection carrying three cuts from the debut, five from Sailor and four from Brave New World.  You can always argue with song choice on compilations, but the one here works well for me.  I get my Steve Miller favorite - "Space Cowboy" - coupled with the psychish "Children Of The Future" and "Song For Our Ancestors", the cool blues "Key To The Highway" and some other goodies.  The audio a-ok, clear and well separated, making it enjoyable listening.  Highly recommend to all vinyl loving band fans having a hard time finding his early work at an acceptable cost.  Also released on vinyl in Germany, Denmark and Downunder.  To my knowledge never issued on CD. First (?) Dutch had label as shown here in a thin laminated cover.  (HÖLX*)


                                                                                  
                                                                                
                                                                               

      





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar