fredag 21 juni 2024

PHIL COLLINS/FACE VALUE SD-16029 (-81) US


 One of those still publicly well known albums that was praised by critics and sold millions. I bought it and played it a lot at release, but the interest vanished rather quickly and I lost it in a trade. Now after picking another copy in a bin over forty years later I'm curious if it still delivers. And it does...at least to me. "In The Air Tonight" with its classic drum part may sound a little less special then it did early eighties, but there are other moments that still have the ability to move.  The "Tomorrow Never Knows" cover really works for me. In a way faithful to the original, yet creatively different and good to the exploratory mind. I've always liked his voice, which saves a couple of the ballads - "I'm Not moving" and "This Must Be Love". But, apart from TNK, there are other songs that still makes my heart beat a little faster - like the rather odd reggaeish "Behind The Lines" and the heavy "Thunder And Lightning". This has been a very happy reunion for me. Surprised that it still sounds so fresh after all this time and that it still makes me happy. It is true - high quality never gets old. Issued and reissued in all possible ways all over the world through the years. First UK on Virgin (V2185). Japan 2016 CD on Atlantic (WPCR 16895) came with twelve bonus tracks. Premiere US had label as shown here in a glossy fold/out cover.  (YZÄ*)  (GYÄ*)

                                                                               
                                                                                    

                                                                                 



 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar