onsdag 26 december 2012

PINK FLOYD/ATOM HEART MOTHER SHVL 781 (-70) UK


  I saw them performing the "Atom" suite at Bath Festival in England summer 1970. At the time it didn't have the final name but was called "The Amazing Pudding". Some of my other memories from the festival are misty or even gone, but this remains. The night was cold and rainy, but I'd managed to fall asleep on the bare ground and was woken as the band got on stage. By now people had started to lit fires all over the field to keep warm. We were on a hill rather far from the event, but could see like a serie of beacons forming a string down towards the stage. I crawled to one of the fires, got myself a piece of bread, and saw it all at that position - most from a big screen beside the platform. As I remember they had a quire on stage and also fire-works at some point. I was hungry, frozen and tired, but the tunes and atmosphere filled me and made it stick. That situation is what makes this track for me and I'll probably never get beyond that. Of the four remaining "Alans Psychedelic Breakfast" is not one I listen a lot to, but the others are Pink Floyd as I want them - soft songs with nice melodies and warm feeling. My favorite "Summer 68" has always been on my PF Top 10 list. Early US Harvest issues had cover design as UK (SKAO-382), later with title on front cover (SMAS-382). 1:st UK with no EMI box on label and matt fold/out cover. (PÅX*)(HÄVL*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar