torsdag 22 juni 2017

ENGLAND'S GREATEST HIT MAKERS LL 3430 (-65) US MONO

US issue made with same tracking and sleeve design as the UK "14 Great Artists" Decca sampler (see earlier post). Reason I bought this too is I've heard the US version has the in England rapidly withdrawn variation where Van Morrison uses the f''ck word at the end of Them's "Little Girl" (the UK uncensored having matrix "2K" on side one). That may be true for the earliest UK export "FFRR" release, but sadly not on this later US press which has the same version as the UK censored one. A disappointment, but one that made me a little wiser and that's gotta be worth something. And it could be a keeper after all. To my ears the audio on this is a little more soothing than on the Decca one - not much, but I hear it somewhat bigger and softer with less sharp edges. Good listening to great tracks is never wasted...so...why not? (SÄM*) (YZÄ*) (ÖXCÄ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar