torsdag 29 juni 2017

PAUL JONES - GEORGE BEAN GROUP /PRIVILEGE 3005 (-67) US MONO

Soundtrack to a Peter Watkins movie I'm almost sure I saw back then. As I recall a kind of 1984ish dystopia taking place in the then futuristic seventies, where a pop singer is used for political purposes to control and manipulate the masses. Don't remember any special scenes or mindblowing parts so I guess it didn't leave a lasting impression on me. Reason I bought this soundtrack is the Paul Jones lead. By then just out of Manfred Mann starting a solo carreer as singer and actor. Always liked his voice and my two favorite songs by him are "Privilege" and "I've Been A Bad Bad Boy". Got them in stereo before on a Swedish only 1968 compilation (see earlier post), but needed some original mono mixes with good audio...and here they are. He's also singing "Free Me", "Onward Christian Soldiers" has vocals by George Bean and the rest instrumentals. Not the best period Paul Jones LP, but as a soundtrack quite ok anyway...and I got the two mono cuts I needed. Also issued in UK (HMV CSD 3623), Germany (Vouge LDVS 17136) and Italy (CGD FG 5035). 2012 CD on Reel Time (RTCD 1014). First US had label as shown here and glossy cover. (YZÄ*) (ÖXCÅ*) (ZÖNT*) (MÄNÄ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar